Subscriptio - WooCommerce Subscriptions
Subscriptio is a WooCommerce extension that allows you to sell subscriptions. Subscriptio adds recurring payments capability to WooCommerce so you can sell products like magazine subscriptions, online memberships, e-learning packages and any other tangible or intangible products.
Both simple and variable products can be configured as subscriptions and allow you to set payment cycle, free trial length, subscription length and a setup fee. When a customer purchases a subscription, a subscription flow is started, which consists of the following actions in a chronological order:
- Order placed
- Payment received (skipped in case of trial with no setup fee)
- Subscription activated (or enters an optional trial period)
- Renewal order generated
- Payment reminders sent
- Attempt to process automatic payment (if payment gateway supports Subscriptio)
- Subscription marked as overdue (grace period; optional)
- Overdue payment reminders sent (optional)
- Subscription suspended (optional)
- Cancellation warnings sent (optional)
- Subscription cancelled if no payment is received
- Subscription expired (if not cancelled by the time maximum subscription length is reached)
Both shop managers and customers can pause and resume subscriptions as well as cancel them. However, it is possible to disable this possibility for customers. There are more configuration options like when reminders should be sent, length of the suspension period etc. Plus there are many hooks and filters for developers to use.
This plugin integrates with WooCommerce Membership (also developed by RightPress) to offer online memberships with recurring payments.
- Allows to sell subscriptions with WooCommerce
- All subscription related actions are handled automatically
- Supports Stripe and PayPal for automatic subscription payments
- Both simple and variable products can be turned into subscriptions
- Set any billing cycle length and max subscription length
- Allows to charge a one-off signup fee in addition to recurring total
- Allows to configure subscription trial period of any length
- Subscriptions can be paused, resumed and cancelled manually
- Multiple settings fields to make this plugin work as you want it to work
- Subscriptions are purchased as regular WooCommerce products
- Possible to purchase subscription and non-subscription products during single checkout
- Possible to purchase multiple subscriptions and any quantity of each subscription
- Subscription list and subscription management tools for customers
- Related subscriptions displayed for each order that contains subscriptions
- Related orders displayed for each subscription
- Super easy to use yet powerful admin subscription management area
- All subscription transactions logged and displayed
- Sell any tangible or intangible products
- Sell online memberships with recurring changes (requires additional extension)
- Lots of hooks and filters for developers
Subscriptio supports semi-automatic billing and fully automatic billing. In case of semi-automatic billing, customers receive an email at the beginning of each billing cycle, click on a Pay Now link and make their payments manually. In case of fully automatic billing, payments are processed automatically and does not require any action to be taken.
For semi-automatic billing, Subscriptio works with all WooCommerce payment gateway extensions.
For fully automatic billing, Subscriptio requires some specific functionality implemented in the payment gateway extension that allows Subscriptio to process recurring payments at its own discretion.
Subscriptio comes with two built-in payment gateway extensions that enable fully automatic billing out of the box – Stripe and PayPal Express Checkout. They have all the functionality required by Subscriptio and they work as regular payment methods too.
Please note that the built-in PayPal Express Checkout extension requires Reference Transactions to be enabled for your PayPal account to process recurring payments which may require you to pay a monthly fee to PayPal – please check with PayPal support if in doubt.