Corvid – COVID-19 data Maps & Widgets for WordPress
As COVID-19 (coronavirus) spreads across the globe, it is helpful and interesting to track the transmission patterns through a coronavirus map.
The plugin allows adding statistics table/widgets via shortcode to inform your site visitors about changes in the situation about Coronavirus pandemic.
- Website with https (SSL certificate)
- WordPress 4.6.x or above
- Straight arms
What are the sources of data informing the dashboard
The data sources include the World Health Organization, the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the European Center for Disease Prevention and Control, the National Health Commission of the People s Republic of China, and the DXY, one of the world s largest online communities for physicians, health care professionals, pharmacies and facilities.
How often is the data updated
Data updated every 10 minutes.
How to add a widget to the WordPress sidebar
- Go to Appearance > Widgets
- Create a new Text widget
- Insert the desired shortcode from the plugin settings, eg. [COVID19-WIDGET]
Add Shortcode to PHP Page
Here is the code to insert so you can do that. Add this php code within the page template:
< php echo do_shortcode("[COVID19]"); >
How to Update The Plugin
- Step 1 You need to deactivate the current COVID-19 Live Statistics plugin in the Plugins > Installed Plugins section. Once you deactivate a plugin, you can delete the COVID-19 Live Statistics plugin. Dont worry, your content will not be lost.
- Step 2 Retrieve the covid19-plugin-wp.zip file from your new Codecanyon download. If you downloaded the Main Files from Codecanyon, then you need to unzip the archive file you received, the covid19-plugin-wp.zip will be inside of it.
- Step 3 Then simply upload the covid19-plugin-wp.zip file in the Plugins > Add New section. Click on the Upload Plugin tab at the top and choose to upload the zip file.
- Step 4 Once it uploads, choose to activate the plugin.