AutomateWoo – Refer A Friend Add-on
Boost your organic sales by adding a customer referral program to your WooCommerce store.
Adding a Refer A Friend program to your WooCommerce store is a great way to increase your word-of-mouth sales and numerous studies show that people trust recommendations from people they know.
With this add-on for AutomateWoo it is possible to quickly set up a referral program that is customized for your store. Run a coupon based campaign where advocates can share a unique coupon, giving the friend a discount and the advocate store credit for each successful referral. If you don t wish to offer coupon discounts you can run purely link based campaigns where advocates can refer their friends by sharing a unique link to your store.
Effortless Referral Management
Easily create and manage a WooCommerce customer referral program all from your WordPress admin area. You can choose between either an automatic or manual referral approval process. Automatic approval means that any referral that does not appear to be fraudulent will be automatically approved once its corresponding order is marked as complete.
- Advocates receive their referral reward after a referral is approved
Intuitive Referral Process
The customer referral process is easy and flexible for advocates, allowing sharing via Email, Facebook, Twitter or WhatsApp. For the advocate s friend the process is equally simple as they can use a coupon to gain their referral discount.
- Each advocate has a coupon code that is unique to them.
Encourage referral sharing by including the post-purchase share widget on the order confirmation page and by creating order follow-up emails using the email version of the widget.
It s important for your customer referral program to include fraud prevention methods. Our WooCommerce Refer A Friend add-on has a few fraud rules out of the box:
- Advocate IP address matches that of the customer The referral will be marked as potentially fraudulent and will be blocked from auto-approval. Matching IP addresses don t always mean that the referral is fraudulent as your store could be shared among co-workers who use the same IP address.
- Matching cookies A cookie is placed in the advocates browser and if present they will not be able to use a referral coupon. If there is a match the coupon cannot be used.
- Matching emails When attempting to use a referral coupon the billing email is checked against any previous orders. If there is a match the coupon cannot be used.
Evaluate the success of your customer referral program by using reports that show the number of referral orders placed.